Every year we make a bunch of new year resolutions but rarely stop to reflect on and celebrate the year that we have just completed. Why not leave 2018 with a proper farewell by taking a look back and answering these questions? Writing the answers down in a journal is the most valuable way to tackle this.
- What did you accomplish this past year?
- What was the best thing that you did?
- What made you happy?
- What did you not manage?
- What did you not complete?
- What do you regret?
- What was a breakthrough for you?
- What or whom do you need to forgive?
- What have you learnt?
- What are you grateful for?
So that is “Goodbye 2018” done. But before you say, “Hello 2019” and write a list of resolutions, I invite you to try some more soul searching.
- What would be the biggest change you would like to make in your life?
- What goal do want to achieve?
- What makes you happy, fulfilled?
- What dreams would you like to make real?
- What do you need to complete in your life?
- Where would you like to focus in 2019?
And when you have answered these questions your New Year resolutions will fall into place. You’ll know what you need to commit to in order to make 2019 your wonderful year. And if you struggle to stick to your goals, try WOOPing your resolutions (read my blog here). You’ll be surprised at how powerful you can be!